Job Location : University Park – 3031 – Los Angeles, CA
The Systems & Database Administrators role is to design, install, monitor, maintain, and performance tune production databases, with various types of data relevant to the Companys operations and its funding requirements such as Department of Mental Health client services data using authorized access to data sets, IS system reporting and Wellnests electronic health records systems. This position is assigned tasks and special projects as planned with the Director of Information Technology. Special projects include those that ensure compliance with Department of Mental Health documentation requirements in the electronic health records and other client data systems.
The Systems & Database Administrator role will also include, examining and evaluating reporting requirements for various business units across the organization. This individual will use proven knowledge of specialized reporting tools, such as Crystal Reports, to develop reporting structures as required. He or she is also responsible for proactively generating and compiling reports based on his or her findings, complete with recommended improvements to or new requirements for business processes, operational procedures, and their corresponding reporting structures.
Strategy & Planning
- Works with the Director of Information Technology to develop database architectures, coding standards, and quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Collaborates with IT Staff/TQM Director and other Clinic business units/divisions of client program services in conceptualization and development of new software programs and applications that ensure compliance with the Clinic’s contract requirements.
- Assists in the definition, development, and documentation of software’s business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments.
- Researches, identifies, analyzes and fulfills requirements of all internal and external program users with varying levels of ability to use technology.
- In conjunction with the Director of IT, develops models, procedures, and protocols for reporting in concert with the Companys goals.
- Researches, reviews, and analyzes the effectiveness and efficiency of existing report procedures and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes as management tools initiate communication with TQM and Management Staff for these projects.
- Develops routines and procedures for end-users to facilitate best practices use of reporting tools and applications, in conjunction with the Director of IT and Director of TQM so that manuals and workflows are updated.
- Assists in developing custom reports and applications using reporting tools for managers in program divisions.
- Operational Management
- Creates models for new database development and/or changes to existing ones.
- Installs and configures relevant network components to ensure database access as well as database consistency and integrity.
- Responds to and resolves database access and performance issues.
- Monitors database system details within the database, including stored procedures and execution time, and implements efficiency improvements.
- Ensures proper backup and recovery of all Wellnest databases.
- Develops, implements, and maintains change control and testing processes for modifications to databases.
- Creates, or supports the creation of required reports in response to business user needs.
- Performs database transaction and security audits.
- Serves as a liaison with IT Management, network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or Wellnest software systems.
- Manages the technical aspects of Wellnests databases and software systems which includes the installations, developments, maintenance, updates, and appropriate upgrades to maintain detailed documentation of each system.
- Consistently writes, translates, and codes software programs and applications according to specifications.
- Writes programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or performance of Wellnest applications as necessary.
- Designs, runs and monitors software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Assist the Director of IT in generating statistics and writing reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process.
- Provides written reports in a timely manner by due dates as requested by management.
- Installs software products for end users as required.
- Advises Director of IT and management regarding appropriate, effective, and efficient use of organizational reporting capabilities and functions.
- Conducts research and make recommendations to the Director of IT on reporting tools, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in information technology, computer science, or related field
- 2+ years of direct experience working in Dynamics CRM / Power Platform
- Experience with VMWare ESXi 7.0+ hypervisor and virtual machine environments
- Experience working with healthcare records and databases
- Knowledge of Exym EHR is preferred.
- Experience with multiple Dynamics / Power Apps Portal implementations
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Power Automate
- Experience across the entire Power Platform (PowerApps, Power Automate, Power BI)
- Strong Knowledge of Dynamics Security
- Knowledge of the O365 platform as it pertains to feature sets that integrate with Dynamics CRM solutions
- Strong documentation skills
- Visual Studio, C# .NET, AzureDevOps, source control
- Power Apps Certifications: PL 100, PL 200
Employee must have the ability to use a personal vehicle with the required insurance coverage to complete the essential duties of their job and conduct agency business. Employee must maintain a valid California driver’s license and clean driving record that meets Wellnest’s insurance carrier’s criteria for liability coverage. In keeping with Company policy for all employees, the successful applicant must also complete a test for TB, and fingerprint clearance by the Department of Justice. Proof that you will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by your employment start date. Per the CDC and Department of Public Health, individuals are considered fully vaccinated for COVID-19: two weeks or more after they have received the second dose in a 2-dose series (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna or vaccine authorized by the World Health Organization), or two weeks or more after they have received a single-dose vaccine (Johnson and Johnson [J&J]/Janssen). The Company will provide exemptions in accordance with applicable law.