The Clinical Therapist will work as part of our Early Intervention Day Treatment Program providing mental health services to children ages 2.5-5 and their families/caregivers.
- Utilize a relationship-based interventions in a therapeutic milieu-based program
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team providing therapeutic and psychoeducation services to children and families
- Provide trauma-informed psychotherapy groups, family therapy, and collateral sessions
- Perform intakes & assessments in order to determine need for services as well as treatment plan
- Develop, administer, evaluate and modify therapeutic or treatment plans
- Facilitate attachment and support children’s early developmental processes with parents or caregivers in their homes, school, community, or onsite at the organization
- Collaborate and cooperate with outside child protective or family services workers assigned to children and their families
- Advocate for parents and children when making outside referrals for services
- Timely completion of documentation including progress notes using an Electronic Health Record System
- Ride Wellnest transportation vans as necessary to support children during transportation to and from the program.
- Represents the Organization at community services, funder events and events related to outreach for clients and supporters of the organization
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum of a master’s degree or equivalent (MSW, MA, Ph.D., PsyD, or MS) plus clinical experience and/or training directly related to children and child counseling. Supervision for clinical hours for master’s level clinicians obtaining hours toward licensure is provided. Current registration with licensing board is required, as is a valid, CA driver license and insurable driving record. Bilingual Spanish speaking ability is highly desired. Fingerprint clearance through the Department of Justice and current TB clearance are also required. In keeping with Wellnest policy for all employees, the successful applicant must also complete a test for TB and fingerprint clearance by the Department of Justice.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Employee may be asked to participate in cross-training programs or pursue additional education or training when it is determined to be in the best interest of the agency by a member of management. Must have knowledge of community resources. Employee must have the ability to use a personal vehicle with the required insurance coverage to complete the essential duties of their job and conduct agency business. Employee must maintain a valid California driver’s license and clean driving record that meets Wellnest’s insurance carrier’s criteria for liability coverage.
Employee regularly needs to work out in the field, in a variety of environments. Employee will be responsible for providing hands on interventions per Handle with Care in order to manage safety issues within the milieu setting.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients, office personnel, other employees and the general public
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret manual and office documents
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to define problems, gather, transcribe and post data, analyze, synthesize and classify information, and draw valid conclusions where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to work independently and with others – including other employees, clients and members of the public – in face-to-face and telephonic contexts
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities and manage time, meet deadlines and perform duties under time constraints
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing work demands
- Maintain high level of concentration and attention to detail for extended periods of time
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints
- Maintain a high level of ethical and professional standards in accordance with agency and community policy
- Ability to talk or hear in order to give and receive information and instructions
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls
- Ability to reach with hands and arms
- Ability to use computer keyboard up to 25% of the day
- Visual acuity, ability to adjust focus and peripheral vision for work on a laptop or other computer equipment
- Lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
- Computer literate (basic working knowledge of Microsoft WORD, Excel, and Outlook) and data/electronic records program currently in use
- Able to use telephone, office copier, calculator, fax machine, computer printer and scanner, or other equipment as required